Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

prinuce
Helper I
Helper I

Importing date column while getting issue

Hi Team, 

I m getting issue while importing data from sharepoint. issue is there is one Date column (ex- 10/08/2021) while importing in power bi it is showing 08/09/2021. Please help.

Data source:- 

prinuce_0-1631786161550.png

Power BI

prinuce_1-1631786221648.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you @mahoneypat my issue has been, resolved! Thank you again

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

Actually, you can add a custom column with this formula instead.

= Date.From(DateTimeZone.RemoveZone([DateTimeZoneColumn])

Or,  you can add a transform column step on that column and update the function part in the formula bar to this 

each Date.From(DateTimeZone.RemoveZone(_)

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

That is likely due to SharePoint date columns being UTC format, and it is getting converted to your local timezone.  So that date is probably correct.  If you do want to make them match, you can just keep the date component from that column.  One way to do that is to first convert it to a text column, extract text before delimiter (use a space), and then convert it to a Date column.

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

I tried but getting error
Expression.Error: We cannot convert the value "8/9/2021 6:30:00 PM" to type DateTimeZone.
Details:
Value=8/9/2021 6:30:00 PM
Type=[Type]

Please help!

That value doesn't have the timezone component.  Has the type already been changed at this point?  Or is this the value from the source?  Without the timezone component, I wouldn't expect you to see that behavior (date doesn't match value in SP list).

Pat

@mahoneypat

I am facing some issue its fixed in Power Bi query editor but once i published to power bi service again showing the previous date

Thank you @mahoneypat my issue has been, resolved! Thank you again

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors