Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Justkenney
Regular Visitor

Importing Queries into Power Bi from Teams

Hi everyone,

I am attempting to 'import' an excel file, along with its associated queries, into Power Bi from a Microsoft Team site and can't figure out how to actually connect to it.  When I put in the folder location to search, it gives me a 'windows cannot access' message.  This happen when i put in the https: link and when I write it as \\server.  Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Maggie,

Thanks for the reply.  I tried that previously and it didn't work in the way I wanted it to.  I can connect fine to an excel file in Teams but pulling in the queries built within is the difficulty.  That seems to be only possible using the 'import' command in the file menu and when using that, it can't fine the file.  After some additional digging, I was able to do it after mapping the Teams folder as  a network drive (http://randsnet.blogspot.com/2017/11/mapping-sharepoint-online-and-microsoft.html).  Not an ideal solution as I often have to repeat the steps but it works.

Justin   

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Justkenney 

It doesn't support to connect to Microsoft Teams directly currently.

Here is an idea you could vote: connect Microsoft Teams as Data Source by Power BI.

Here is some workaround:

Using a file in Microsoft teams as a data source

Additionally, which are the queries below?

" 'import' an excel file, along with its associated queries"

Best Regards

Maggie

Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Maggie,

Thanks for the reply.  I tried that previously and it didn't work in the way I wanted it to.  I can connect fine to an excel file in Teams but pulling in the queries built within is the difficulty.  That seems to be only possible using the 'import' command in the file menu and when using that, it can't fine the file.  After some additional digging, I was able to do it after mapping the Teams folder as  a network drive (http://randsnet.blogspot.com/2017/11/mapping-sharepoint-online-and-microsoft.html).  Not an ideal solution as I often have to repeat the steps but it works.

Justin   

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors