Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

fduran
Advocate I
Advocate I

Import data using ASPI-XML and HTTP

Hello - I have been using Power BI for about a year and have taken a liking to it. However I am starting to see a trend when it comes to new projects and API integrations. This new project I have been given seems to use an XML type of API according to the documenation. The server only accepts HTTP POST methods in an XML type format. The response provided would be an HTTP type.

I have no idea where to start when creating an XML type of document to import into the query editor. I have the gateway and password needed to ping the server so that is a start. Any documentation that could help or reference material would be greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @fduran ,

Have you solved your problem?

If you have solved, please always accept the replies making sense as solution to your question so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

If you still need help, please feel free to ask.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-piga-msft  thank you for the reference material. This is a very helpful page that I have bookmarked. The inital question I had posted was for a upcoming project i had been assigned but since has been cancelled.  So on to the next and I will definitely be posting more often.

Thank you!

Fernando

v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @fduran ,

For your scenario, please have a reference of this blog api strategies with power bi which should help you.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors