Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

desertislesql
Helper III
Helper III

Import data from SSAS: Auto Exist operation exceeding permitted memory limit & is being canceled

I am trying to import a Tabular Model into Power BI. If I load in everything except for the date tables, it works fine. If add in a date table, and a date table, I get the error DataSourceError: Analysis Services: The Auto Exist Operation is exceeding the permitted memory limit and is being canceled. I saw this error in community.powerbi.com but I didn't see a resolution for it.

Can anyone tell me what I can do to resolve this error?

5 REPLIES 5
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @desertislesql,

Do you connect to SSAS database via import mode in Power BI Desktop? If that is the case, what is the result when you only import the date table? Also please connect to SSAS database via Live connection mode and check the result. If the above error still occurs, please go to File -> Options and settings -> Options -> Diagnostics and click "enable tracing", then connect to SSAS database and check the detailed logs in the traces folder. Also please help to post the detailed logs here.

In addition, have you checked the kelleyamattTGS’s reply in this similar thread? In his scenario, the above error message was caused by the nomenclature when loading SSAS Cube entities, he loaded each entity via a seperate Get Data/Query.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

In answer to your question regarding the errors that I am getting when reading data into Power BI from an SSAS Tabular Model, if I try to import just the date dimension, it works.  If I import just a fact table, any fact table, it works. It is only when I try to read in a date dimension and a fact table that I get the error.

I looked at the previous thread on the error and nothing there seemed to apply in this case. I tried importing the date table by itself, and that worked. But as soon as I tried to add a fact table it loaded in 4096 rows then hung and never resolved.

I am way under the 250 MB limit as I am only bringing in two tables when I get the error. 

I am still looking for a solution to this issue.

Regards,

Ginger

Hi @desertislesql,

Do you connect to the SSAS model from Service or Power BI Desktop?

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

All this is being done via the desktop

Hi @desertislesql,

Please go to File -> Options and settings -> Options -> Diagnostics and click "enable tracing", then connect to SSAS database and check the detailed logs in the traces folder. Also please help to post the detailed logs here.

Besides, is there any possibility that you connect to the data source via live connection option?

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors