cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Carlo1975
Helper I
Helper I

Import Tabel Excel in Power Query

Hi I Imported a table in power query from excel. In Power Query I have also other table from our DWH.

It's everything ok until I publish the Power BI analysis because my gateway ask me where is the excel file imported (He doesn't find the path)....If i see the table in power query I see that:

let
Origine = Excel.Workbook(File.Contents("C:\Users\padovani.c\Desktop\Categorie catastali.xlsx"), null, true),
CategoriaCatastale_Sheet = Origine{[Item="CategoriaCatastale",Kind="Sheet"]}[Data],
#"Modificato tipo" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(CategoriaCatastale_Sheet,{{"Column1", type text}, {"Column2", type text}, {"Column3", type text}, {"Column4", type text}}),
#"Intestazioni alzate di livello" = Table.PromoteHeaders(#"Modificato tipo", [PromoteAllScalars=true]),
#"Modificato tipo1" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Intestazioni alzate di livello",{{"Categoria catastale", type text}, {"Tipologia_Catasto", type text}, {"Tipologia_CF", type text}, {"Destinazione_CF", type text}})
in
#"Modificato tipo1"

In the Origin there is the Path that the Power BI gateway wants....how do i delete the reference to the path, since the table no longer needs to update (it is a static table)?

thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mahoneypat
Super User IV
Super User IV

It may work to right click on the query and uncheck "Include in Report Refresh".  A better fix would be to put your file on SharePoint or OneDrive and connect to it there, so a Gateway is not necessary.

Regards,

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
mahoneypat
Super User IV
Super User IV

It may work to right click on the query and uncheck "Include in Report Refresh".  A better fix would be to put your file on SharePoint or OneDrive and connect to it there, so a Gateway is not necessary.

Regards,

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI User Groups

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group!

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are You Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skills Challenge.

Top Solution Authors