cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andaloris
Advisor

Re: Implementation 2.0 SAP Connector

Same thing here, the new gateway can refresh BW 2.0 connector based reports. Just need to install the SAP driver on it.

AndreasScholl Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hey folks

Does anybody know when the 2.0 Connector will be supported for Report Server data refreshs as well? Right now it's working good at client side (Power BI Desktop for RS - August 18 release) while it doesn't work if I want to schedule data loads from BW at report server?

Thanks,

Andreas

Highlighted
Mholsen Member

We haven't tested that yet as the Enterprise gateway still doesn't have any SSO towards BW.

I have been told by an MS consultant that I will be available as part of the October update.

andaloris
Advisor

Let us know, this is a much awaited functionnality 🙂
meenakp Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hello,

I saw your question is resolved.

But please advise if your report is built on BW Application Server or BW Message Server connection please?

(Our BW Application server based reports works fine with gateway+scheduled refresh).

However not even able to add BW Message server as datasource yet. Gateway only has .Net Connector in our case.

Mholsen Member

It's working on our BW application server, but Kerberos SSO is still not working.

Regarding SSO I haven't yet come across anyone who has made it work.

Hopefully, MS will release a more comprehensive guide and troubleshooting soon!

S_loke Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hi,

May not be the answer you are looking for but the solution was for application server.

meenakp Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thank you Mholsen and S_loke.

Mholsen,

I raised a support ticket and got a reply that SSO is not supported in Service for Import queries.

So far we have been successful to get SSO working in desktop version only - For import queries. (Both BW App server and message server)

There is documentation to get SSO Kerberos working for Direct queries..You were able to try that and still not successful?

Or you are also wanting to use import queries+SSO....? Thanks!

andaloris
Advisor

@meenakp

Should work with both Message Server and Application Server. But you have to install .NET connector (2.0) on both desktop and gateway. The report need to be build with that connector however you are not using it on the gateway when moving to automated refreshs. 

meenakp Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

@andaloris,

Yes. We have installed .NET connector (2.0) on both desktop and gateway. The report also built based on .NET connector.

The report is based out of BW Message Server and works fine in desktop.

However we are not even able to add BW Message server as datasource yet in the Gateway. Gives error as "Access to SAP Business Warehouse requires SAP client tools to be installed, including the latest version of SAP Netweaver RFC"

Gateway only has .Net Connector in our case.

Did you install RFC Connector(and SAP GUI) initially in the Gateway, and then you installed .NET connector in the gateway after it was rolled out?

In our case, we started afresh with .NET connector in Gateway and i reproduced the problem for MS Support.

However if i schedule the message server based report via personal gateway it refreshes fine. Personal Gateway(my PC) has both RFC and .NET connector and also SAP GUI.

On the other hand Application server based reports refreshes fine in gateway. (again .NET connector based reports).

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ask Amir Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event No. 2 – Ask Amir Anything

Next in our Triple A series: Ask Amir Netz questions about the latest updates, features and future.

Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Learn the answers to some of the questions asked during the Amanda Triple A event.

October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Solution Badges

New Solution Badges

Two waves of brand new solution badges are coming! Read the article for more information on our new community badges.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 332 members 2,935 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: