Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

kapoornitin
Regular Visitor

Image icon instead of data

Hi,

I just imported conent pack from Kaizala into power BI and now see an image icon in place of data?

Is this a valid data format? Is there a way i can convert it into numeric data?

10 REPLIES 10
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@kapoornitin,

Could you please post a screenshot about your scenario? Have you seen any data in Dashboard and report?

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Image icon.png

Hi Lydia,

Here is the image. 'Response' is one of the columns and this is how I am getting data in it.

Thanks

Nitin

@kapoornitin,

Please use "Power BI datasets" connector in Power BI Desktop to connect to your data source, then drag the response field to visual and check if it appears. 

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Apologies for delayed response.

Tried that option, still does not work. 

@kapoornitin,

Based on my test, when you have invaild image URL in the field, you would get the above image icon. It is not possible to convert the data type to numeric type. You should check that if you enter vaild image URL in your data source.

1.PNG

Regards,
Lydia

Thanks Lydia,

This is content pack i imported from Kaizala. Even when I get this as a dataset on PBI desktop, it still does not gives me access to the data. All i can see are the columns which i can darg in visuals, and when i drag them i see this icon.  

None of the options under 'Modeling' tab are enabled for me.

Thanks

Nitin

@kapoornitin,

I know. Just provide you an example about the data type of the response field, in your scenario, the response field contains invaild image URL, thus it shows you corrupt images.

Regards,
Lydia

Ok thanks, :). Meanwhile i found this if i use Matrix visual i can see the data but when i use any other visual i see the image icon in place of data.

Is there a measure to extract data from a column, I think the data within this column is stored as a table so in case i need to pull out a subset is there a measure i can use to do that?

Thanks

Nitin

@kapoornitin,

Do you use same column in the Matrix visual and other visuals. In Power BI Service, it  is not possible to create any measures. As my previous reply, you can connect to the Power BI Service dataset in Power BI Desktop, then create measure in Desktop.

Regards,
Lydia

Yes, I am using the same column in both the visuals.

I am relatively new to Power BI and not good with measures. I have the data in PBI desktop, can you help me with the measure i can use? 

Thanks

Nitin

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors