Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ignore quoted link breaks with advanced editor

Hello!

I am trying to import CSV files and ignore quoted link breaks with advanced editor.

I import CSV files as data source, set folder path as parameter and edit data source with advanced editor. I already know "Data source setting" can help me set "ignore quoted link breaks". Unfortunately, it shows "Some data sources may not be listed because of hand-authored queries" So I cannot do any setting with "Data source setting".

I have checked if Power Query M can do "Ignore quoted link breaks" but there is no result.

Data source settings:

forever_2-1623721451653.png

Parameter:

forever_1-1623720767074.png

Advanced editor:

forever_0-1623720572161.png

Can anyone solve this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

In advanced editor, change QuoteStyle.None to QuoteStyle.Csv. 

It works fine. Thanks!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

In advanced editor, change QuoteStyle.None to QuoteStyle.Csv. 

It works fine. Thanks!

watkinnc
Super User
Super User

I would first try clicking Change Source, and see if it will let you change the csv source (not the parameter). When you manually edit the formulas written by the GUI, you sometimes lose the options wheel for making changes to that step. Changing the source might give you back the default options. Anyway, you could replace QuoteStyle.None with QuoteStyle.Csv. The Csv optional record values are at the documentation site https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerquery-m/csv-document a record is specified for columns (and delimiter, extraValues, and encoding are null), the following record fields may be provided: Delimiter: The column delimiter. Default: ",". Columns: Can be null, the number of columns, a list of column names, or a table type. If the number of columns is lower than the number found in the input, the additional columns will be ignored. If the number of columns is higher than the number found in the input, the additional columns will be null. When not specified, the number of columns will be determined by what is found in the input.

Encoding: The text encoding of the file. Default: 65001 (UTF-8).

CsvStyle: Specifies how quotes are handled. CsvStyle.QuoteAfterDelimiter(default): Quotes in a field are only significant immediately following the delimiter. CsvStyle.QuoteAlways: Quotes in a field are always significant, regardless of where they appear.

QuoteStyle: Specifies how quoted line breaks are handled. QuoteStyle.None(default): All line breaks are treated as the end of the current row, even when they occur inside a quoted value.

QuoteStyle.Csv: Quoted line breaks are treated as part of the data, not as the end of the current row.

--Nate

I’m usually answering from my phone, which means the results are visualized only in my mind. You’ll need to use my answer to know that it works—but it will work!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors