Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ignore Slicers from different tables

Hi Team,

I am new to Power BI and trying to get a solution to one of the issue. I have three filters  Status, Type and Date  coming from three different tables. The user has to make the selection from the three filters  and depending on the selection will get corresponding rows.

There is an other filter Ticket ID where the user enters the Incident number to get the corresponding Ticket details from the Remedy Tickets Detail Table .

For Example if the user selects the status Active all the corresponding Tickets will show up and will be able to enter the Ticket IDs  which are Active and get Status.

Now the requirement is user wants to enter any Ticket ID and get the details  regardles  of the Status Selection, Type and Date. For Example  if the Status Active is selected and user enters a Ticket ID which has Closed Status and should be  be able to get all the details.

I Tried All, All Except but condition is not working..

CALCULATE(DISTINCT(DMO_REMEDY_TICKETS[Ticket_ID]), ALL('Ticket Status_2'))

Is All or All Selected can ignore the filters coming from different tables?

Any Suggestions Appreciated.

Thankyou

2 REPLIES 2
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi jthota,

I don't know, how you design your report? You could refer to my sample, which will ignore status slicer in measure 5. By the way, if possible, could you please inform me more detailed information (such as your sample data and expected output). Then I will help you more correctly.

Please do mask sensitive data before uploading.

Thanks for your understanding and support.
Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Zoe,

Thankyou for the response.

I have three filters  as below which are mandatory and has to be entered and depending on the selection will get the data.

The user can select the other filters  like Ticket ID,  Summary, Impact, Owner, Urgency, Priority, Category

Status  Active        Type                            Date

Closed        Incident                      Dec         2018

Opened      Service Request

Summary                                                                            Owner                                Assigned Queue                    Client                    Opened Date     Urgency 

Project Design, Build and Functional Test   Benitez, Christopher   Data Center Operations  Anthony Chan   12/19/2018     Low

Type           Ticket ID          Status   

Incident    00658182     Active

The Ticket Details are showing for Status Active.

The current requirement is user wants to enter any Ticket ID and wants to get the status even the Status selection is Active and user enters a Ticket ID which is not Active and wants to see data. The above three filters like Status, Type and Date to be ignored and wants to get data for any Ticket ID.

Thanks,

Jyothi

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors