Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Identify unused measures or queries in the model

Hi all,

Is there a way to easily identify created measures or queries that are no being used in the model when having a final version?

I need to review a model, but it has so many tables, measures, and queries that I am sure many were created while developing the model, but at the end were not used.

I would like to delete them to make the model smaller and faster, but don't want to go, tab by tab and query by query tracking them down.

Thanks for any help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi, I'm sorry but there is no way to check what fields is the report using. You can create a list of this measures in DAX Studio to have a list of them, but just for checking.

If you want to delete unused fields, you have to go one by one.

Next time be sure to add a comment in DAX code to let any user know if that was for developing purpose and be carefull to keep to many trash.

Regards, hoping you won't having a hard time.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
KNP
Super User
Super User

This may possibly be of use to you. 

https://app.datavizioner.com/

I've only tested it once but noticed it does identify unused tables, fields etc.

Have I solved your problem?
Please click Accept as Solution so I don't keep coming back to this post, oh yeah, others may find it useful also ;).
chrome-9xf-Zagzel-B

If you found this post helpful, please give Kudos.
It gives me a sense of instant gratification and, if you give me Kudos enough times, magical unicorns will appear on your screen.
If you find my signature vaguely amusing, please give Kudos.
KIfp67uy-Sr
Proud to be a Super User!PBI-Super-User-Rank-30x30-1x
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi, I'm sorry but there is no way to check what fields is the report using. You can create a list of this measures in DAX Studio to have a list of them, but just for checking.

If you want to delete unused fields, you have to go one by one.

Next time be sure to add a comment in DAX code to let any user know if that was for developing purpose and be carefull to keep to many trash.

Regards, hoping you won't having a hard time.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @ibarrau, this could be a good development for Power BI in the future.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors