Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

FJO
Helper I
Helper I

INVENTORY MANGEMENT

Dear fellow PBIX users

FJO - AKA novice in training here!

I really need some help with something that is holding me back that I cannot figure out. 

Below is thre table relationships. 

In the report section I have set my data up in a matrix visual, based on the SR DAily Stores Issues.

What I am trying to do is add a new column or measure which will allow me to count non-blanks in the month as 1. So if there wwas a pick result every month the count would be 12. The counta and count x function gives me the same result, which is adding the total quantities of per month. But that isn't what I am trying to achieve. This is really a key missing link for me to move forward with my project and assign ABC ranking. 

I cant figure out why its counting (summing) the values per column. 

FJO_0-1656073398451.png

FJO_1-1656073772016.png

2 REPLIES 2
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @FJO ,

You create a Binhits column of counts, and then count that column again in the matrix. Maybe it's better to create a measure here than to create a calculated column.

vstephenmsft_0-1656312190983.png

vstephenmsft_1-1656312394460.png

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi 

My gosh I am so sorry I have taken so long to reply. 

After doing alot of testing, I still can't nail it. 

I am thinking that creating a separate table will be the best solution in order to use to for ABC ranking analysis later on. 

But I do not know how to create a table in Power BI of this type. I can't figure out the DAX code for it

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors