Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PhilippeMuniesa
Resolver I
Resolver I

IF then with multiple lines

Hello

Hello, I stumble on the syntax of an If then else with several instructions, what I want to do:

if condition then

line instructions1,

line instructions2,

line instructions3

else

Instruction line 4

concretely, previous step...

Supprime_Lignes_Sans_CPart = Table.SelectRows(Groupe_compte_Compte_Part, each ([CompAuxNum] <> "")),

follow-up

Si_Pas_CP = if Table.RowCount(Supprime_Lignes_Sans_CPart) = 0 then
     Groupe_compte_Compte_Part = Table.Group(Source, {"CompAuxNum", "CompAuxLib", "CompteNum", "CompteLib"}, {{"Debit", each List.Sum([Debit]), type nullable number}, {"Credit", each List.Sum([Credit]), type nullable number}}),
    CompteNum_texte_pour_filtre = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Groupe_compte_Compte_Part ,{{"CompteNum", type text}}),
     BufferList = List.Buffer(CP_Dans_PCG),
     LenRacine = Text.Length(CP_Dans_PCG {0}),
    Ajoute_Col_racine = Table.AddColumn(CompteNum_texte_pour_filtre, "Racine_CompteNum", each Text.Start([CompteNum],LenRacine )),

Filtre_Selon_Racines_Selectionnes = Table.SelectRows (Ajoute_Col_racine, each List.Contains (BufferList , [Racine_CompteNum])),
    Compte_Num_Re_Type_Entier = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Filtre_Selon_Racines_Selectionnes,{{"CompteNum", Int64.Type}}),

Tri_Compte_Num = Table.Sort(Compte_Num_Re_Type_Entier,{{"CompteNum", Order.Ascending}}),

else

null),

and still a token problem expected

Thank for your help

Philippe Muniesa

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
AlB
Super User
Super User

Hi @PhilippeMuniesa 

Try this. You might need to add a comma at the very end depending on what comes next.

let 
        Groupe_compte_Compte_Part = Table.Group(Source, {"CompAuxNum", "CompAuxLib", "CompteNum", "CompteLib"}, {{"Debit", each List.Sum([Debit]), type nullable number}, {"Credit", each List.Sum([Credit]), type nullable number}}),
        CompteNum_texte_pour_filtre = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Groupe_compte_Compte_Part ,{{"CompteNum", type text}}),
        Ajoute_Col_racine = Table.AddColumn(CompteNum_texte_pour_filtre, "Racine_CompteNum", each Text.Start([CompteNum],LenRacine )),
        Filtre_Selon_Racines_Selectionnes = Table.SelectRows (Ajoute_Col_racine, each List.Contains (BufferList , [Racine_CompteNum])),
        Compte_Num_Re_Type_Entier = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Filtre_Selon_Racines_Selectionnes,{{"CompteNum", Int64.Type}}),
        Tri_Compte_Num = Table.Sort(Compte_Num_Re_Type_Entier,{{"CompteNum", Order.Ascending}})
    in 
        Tri_Compte_Num
else
    null

Please mark the question solved when done and consider giving a thumbs up if posts are helpful.

Contact me privately for support with any larger-scale BI needs, tutoring, etc.

Cheers 

SU18_powerbi_badge

View solution in original post

Hello again,

I answer myself to avoid a waste of time to the super users..

After various attempts I just found the syntactic solution

let

Source,

step1,

step2,

Conditional_Req =  if statement then    // Conditional_Req result is result1 or Result2 at the end of each occurrence of                                      conditional treatment (in)

let

step3,

Step4,

Step5,

Result1

in 

Result1

else

let

step1b,

Step2b,

Result2

in

Result2 // if treatments continue, a comma is required at this level, whereas the first in before the                                                other   did not require a comma

Step3c (based on Conditional_Req),  //resume treatments from the name of the conditional requete

Step4c,

FinalResult

in

FinalResult

I hope to have contributed to this forum by providing a solution to other users or contributors, and to replace the Super Users that set me on the path, and forced me to think about finding the solution

Philippe Muniesa

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
AlB
Super User
Super User

Hi @PhilippeMuniesa 

Try this. You might need to add a comma at the very end depending on what comes next.

let 
        Tri_Compte_Num = Table.Sort(Compte_Num_Re_Type_Entier,{{"CompteNum", Order.Ascending}})
    in 
        Tri_Compte_Num
else
    null

Please mark the question solved when done and consider giving a thumbs up if posts are helpful.

Contact me privately for support with any larger-scale BI needs, tutoring, etc.

Cheers 

SU18_powerbi_badge

Hello super users, 

sorry to come back on the subject but I always have a problem of syntax and comma,

I attach the example that your had provided me and that I thought I could solve my problem, but that always makes appear a problem of comma.

=======

Let

Source = Ouvre_FEC1,
Supprime_Lignes_Sans_CPart = Table.SelectRows(Groupe_compte_Compte_Part, each ([CompAuxNum] <> "")),

let
in
Tri_Compte_Num
else

null

=================

I also attach the entire structure of the code of my query that would present the following features:

Let

Source,

Stage1,

Stage2,

IF statement then

Let

Step3,

Step4,

Result_desired

In

Result_desired

Else

Let

Step1b,

Step2b,

Step3b,

Result_desired   // Note that then name of this step is the same than if the IF condition is yes

in

Result_Desired  // whatever the result of the conditional test name of the result is the same in order to                                                     continue the treatment on the basis of the IF result ... THEN, here the final result

in

Results_Desired  

========== and the real request ====

Let
Source = Ouvre_FEC1,
Supprime_Lignes_Sans_CPart = Table.SelectRows(Groupe_compte_Compte_Part, each ([CompAuxNum] <> "")),

// If Condition

Let

Result = Table.Sort(Compte_Num_Re_Type_Entier,{{"CompteNum", Order.Ascending}})

In
Result
// If Not condition
Else

Let

Tri_Croissant = Table.Sort(Supprime_Lignes_Sans_CPart,{{"CompteNum", Order.Ascending}}),
Col_Solde = Table.AddColumn(Tri_Croissant, "Solde", each [Debit]-[Credit]),
Result = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Col_Solde,{{"Solde", type number}})

In

Result

=======

Thank you for explaining to me what gets stuck and how to get me out of this impasse

Philippe Muniesa

In

Result

============

Hello again,

I answer myself to avoid a waste of time to the super users..

After various attempts I just found the syntactic solution

let

Source,

step1,

step2,

Conditional_Req =  if statement then    // Conditional_Req result is result1 or Result2 at the end of each occurrence of                                      conditional treatment (in)

let

step3,

Step4,

Step5,

Result1

in 

Result1

else

let

step1b,

Step2b,

Result2

in

Result2 // if treatments continue, a comma is required at this level, whereas the first in before the                                                other   did not require a comma

Step3c (based on Conditional_Req),  //resume treatments from the name of the conditional requete

Step4c,

FinalResult

in

FinalResult

I hope to have contributed to this forum by providing a solution to other users or contributors, and to replace the Super Users that set me on the path, and forced me to think about finding the solution

Philippe Muniesa

Super,

thanks a lot

it s seems so simple when you Know.... 👍

philippe Muniesa

+1 on the solution above. 

I’m usually answering from my phone, which means the results are visualized only in my mind. You’ll need to use my answer to know that it works—but it will work!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors