Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

sseverson12
Frequent Visitor

ID Issue Appending Multiple Sharepoint Queries

Hello,

I'm running into issues bringing in data from multiple Sharepoint lists into an appended table. It seems to choke a bit on the ID columns (which I obviously have no control over in Sharepoint.) Renaming the ID columns seems to get it to at least bring in the data, but it causes performance issues and creates problems when I try to work with the data in Power BI.

I believe this is a similar issue to the one brought up here: http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/item-ID-already-exists-in-the-collection/m-p/10070/highlight.... That issue was marked as solved, and it links to a TechNet post (https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/66aa4bb6-f9ce-46a4-8b65-d28edd2ab565/issues-access...) that was also marked solved, but if you read the TechNet post it is clear that the issue was never resolved at all.

Is this issue being addressed? Or is there a different solution that I've missed somewhere?

Thanks in advance for any help!

2 REPLIES 2
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@sseverson12

The fix should be included in the November release of PBI Desktop. Please check it later.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

I take it that you need the ID column for some reason? Can you just not import it and add an ID column in the query? What if you create a calculated column in SharePoint that has a formula of, essentially =[ID] and import that column instead of ID?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors