Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

robarivas
Post Patron
Post Patron

IBM DB2 Connection

Hello. I'm using Microsoft's built-in connector in Power BI to try to connect to an IBM DB2 database (for z/OS mainframe). However, I'm getting the following error message:

"Microsoft Db2 Client: The package corresponding to an SQL statement execution request was not found. SQLSTATE=51002 SQLCODE=-805".

Am I doing something wrong? Is there something specific I need to communicate to my DBA? Or is this a problem with the Power BI product? I'm using the October 2016 release of Power BI.

Thanks so much for any assistance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently had to help a group of clients connect, and we found that the following conditions were necessary:

1) You must have the DB2 client installed on the machine from which you are trying to connect

2) Under Advanced Options in the Power BI connection dialog:

a) You have to use the Microsoft driver (as you mention)

b) You have to uncheck the "Navigate Using Full Hierarchy" option

3) You need to connect using the Database tab (not the Windows tab) and use your MF credentials

Without all of these in place, we had to use ODBC to connect.  

FWIW, the view provided form the MF was basically just a selection of tables -- no individual columns were selectable. 

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors