Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

WaleedBinAfzal
Frequent Visitor

How to view power bi reports in Microsoft Dynamics 365 online?

Hi,

I have made some reports in power bi for dynamics 365 online by getting all the data from dynamic 365 online. Now i want to view my power bi report from dynamic 365 online, how can i view it? I have also made a dashboard in power bi for dynamics 365 online which i am able to view in dynamics 365 online dashboard but i wonder how can i get my all reports from power bi to dynamics 365. Any help or suggestion would be highly appreciable.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@WaleedBinAfzal,

There is no security issue here. But in this case, only those users you share the report/dashboard with can view the report in Dynamics.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@WaleedBinAfzal,

You can embed Power BI report to Dynamics 365 online following the guide in the article below.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/customer-engagement/basics/add-edit-power-bi-visualizat...

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yuezhe-msft,

I know how I can embed PowerBI reports in dynamics 365 dashboard, I already have done this. But i was asking for any option by which i can embed or add the powerbi report in the reports section of dynamics 365 so that it will be as a separate report just like all the other reports in dynamics 365. And somehow i managed to do this, i don't know if it is the correct apporach or not as i am new to powerbi and dynamics. I just got the link of powerbi report and in dynamics 365 added a new report and selected the option of link to a webpage from the options and pasted there the link of my powerbi report. And now whenever i click on that report it opens powerbi report for me.

If you have any suggestions or anything that i have done wring please correct me, i would be very thankful to you.

Thanks.

@WaleedBinAfzal,

Do you generate the link of Power BI report using "Publish to web" feature? If so, there is security issue anyone who get the link can view the Power BI report.

Regards,
Lydia

@v-yuezhe-msft,

No i just clicked on the share button and then it asked me to enter the user email with whom i want to share, i didn't entered any email, below it was showing the link of the report, i just copied that link from there and then i used that link in creating the new report in dynamic 365 online using the link to webpage option. Please tell me if there is still any security issue by doing it in this way.

Thanks.

@WaleedBinAfzal,

There is no security issue here. But in this case, only those users you share the report/dashboard with can view the report in Dynamics.

Regards,
Lydia

WaleedBinAfzal
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I have made some reports in power bi for dynamics 365 online by getting all the data from dynamic 365 online. Now i want to view my power bi report from dynamic 365 online, how can i view it? I have also made a dashboard in power bi for dynamics 365 online which i am able to view in dynamics 365 online dashboard but i wonder how can i get my all reports from power bi to dynamics 365. Any help or suggestion would be highly appreciable.

Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors