Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sublimer
Regular Visitor

How to use a query in connection credentials with Oracle on Power BI web service

I have a connection setup to an Oracle DB in Power BI desktop.  During the connection setup it allows me to use a SQL query which works well...when I publish the report to the online platform it connects to the datasource fine through my gateway (and will even refresh), but when I go to view the report it gives me the following error:

Capture.PNG

I believe this may have something to do with the SQL query that was written during the connection parameters in Power BI Desktop, but I was not able to create the query in the web service.

Does anyone have experience with this error or using a SQL query in the Power BI web service?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for the tip.  The log says it cannot find the .net framework data provider, but does not tell me which one.

I ended up switching from direct query to imported and got it to work.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Nolock
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @sublimer,

your on-premise data gateway has its own log. I'd start there.

Under Diagnostics, there is also an option for Additional logging, which you can use for debuging - more about under Additional Logging.

Thanks for the tip.  The log says it cannot find the .net framework data provider, but does not tell me which one.

I ended up switching from direct query to imported and got it to work.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors