Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to use URL provided in result from JSON response to another query. Formula.Firewall

I am using HTTP POST to reach a data API that provides a JSON response which contains a URL to the actual report data in CSV form (JSON option available too).

If I try to use the URL as a parameter in another query I get the Formula Firewall issue. I tried integrating the two queries together but I still get that error..

Here's the query that provides the URL for the CSV (with some parts of the URL and headers removed):

let
    Source = Json.Document(Web.Contents("https:/blahblah.com/report_type?companyKey=***Key***&startTime=1559313000000&endTime=1561905000000&.....&reportFormat=CSV")),
    result = Source[result],
    downloadUrl1 = result[downloadUrl]
in
    downloadUrl1

The output of this is a URL, I can turn it into a parameter and attempt to use it in the next query (parameter is called "p_URL"):

let
    Source = Csv.Document(Web.Contents(p_URL),[Delimiter=",", Columns=81, Encoding=65001, QuoteStyle=QuoteStyle.None])
in
    Source

Output should be a data table from the CSV, and it works when I enter in the actual URL from the first query, but when I use the parameter or nest the first query inside the second one I get this:

Formula.Firewall: Query 'download?companyKey=***Key***' (step 'Source') references other queries or steps, so it may not directly access a data source. Please rebuild this data combination.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ending up solving the problem myself. I changed the privacy settings...
Then I had the problem of the data loading too quickly and getting a result that just said "not finished", but while I was fiddling around with it the data appeared in tablular form from CSV as expected (and tried with JSON as well, which also worked). I'm not sure if I did something to make it work or if it just needed time.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ending up solving the problem myself. I changed the privacy settings...
Then I had the problem of the data loading too quickly and getting a result that just said "not finished", but while I was fiddling around with it the data appeared in tablular form from CSV as expected (and tried with JSON as well, which also worked). I'm not sure if I did something to make it work or if it just needed time.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors