Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

yirdaki
Regular Visitor

How to query multiple endpoints in Clockify web API

Hi!

I am new at Power BI. Been lurking the forums for a while. Now I've come to a point where I don't know what to do, so I thought I'd ask people who know what they are doing.

I am using Clockify's API ( https://clockify.me/developers-api#operation--v1-workspaces--workspaceId--user--userId--time-entries... ) to make separate queries for the endpoints Workspaces, Projects, Users, and Clients. I have all the data except for the actual crucial data, which is the Time Entries and maybe the associated Tasks as well.

I need to be able to look at number of hours per user per project per month.

My problem is that the API is in this format "/workspaces/{workspaceId}/user/{userId}/time-entries".

The WorkspaceId is fine because we are only using one Workspace for the whole company anyway. The problem is that we have hundreds of employees, and I do not think that I should be expected to manually enter hundreds of separate queries for each UserId.

I have tried to enter the UserId's as a list, and then put that straight into the URL, but then Power BI complains that it cannot use & to combine a text with a list, which is understandable.

I don't know what else to do. Can anyone please give me some pointers? 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Put the userids in a table and then in Power Query add a column that calls a custom function to retrieve that user's data from Clockify.  This will give you a binary cell content that you can then transform as needed (probably parse the JSON, or similar).  If you only need certain fields for each user then you can also push the parsing to the custom function.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Put the userids in a table and then in Power Query add a column that calls a custom function to retrieve that user's data from Clockify.  This will give you a binary cell content that you can then transform as needed (probably parse the JSON, or similar).  If you only need certain fields for each user then you can also push the parsing to the custom function.

That worked!

Thank you 🙏

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors