Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Novice_
Frequent Visitor

How to perform multiple replacements of different values but with one value

I have read a few posts about the same but I'm finding it difficult to work. How do I replace multiple values of the same content but each written in different font and style with one value? 

Please refer to the folllowing table for the problem:

Amino 1
AmIN One
AMEN ONE
AMINO one
Amen-1

I want to replace all these values with just Amen-1. How do I do this without having to use Replace Values for every single value in M script/Power Query Editor?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Novice_ ,

Just change the parameter about the replace query like this:

= Table.ReplaceValue(#"Changed Type",each [Column1],"Amen-1",Replacer.ReplaceText,{"Column1"})

1.png2.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Novice_ ,

Just change the parameter about the replace query like this:

= Table.ReplaceValue(#"Changed Type",each [Column1],"Amen-1",Replacer.ReplaceText,{"Column1"})

1.png2.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

ERD
Super User
Super User

Hi @Novice_ ,

This article might help you: Fuzzy Matching in Power BI and Power Query; Match based on Similarity Threshold .

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution ✔️to help the other members find it more quickly.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. Appreciate your Kudos.

Check out my latest demo report in the data story gallery.

Stand with Ukraine!

Here are official ways you can support Ukraine financially (accounts with multiple currencies):
1) Support the Armed Forces of Ukraine: https://bank.gov.ua/ua/about/support-the-armed-forces
2) Come Back Alive foundation: https://www.comebackalive.in.ua/

Thank you!

mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

Creating a Groups column is one easy way to handle this on the DAX side after your data are loaded.

Use grouping and binning in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors