Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to link data source(including color cell) in new worksheet

Hi All , 

May I know if we are able to use power query to link current data source ( including colored cell) ?

I hv tried , but it only show raw data.

i. Purpose of doing this is to count "grey colored cell " ; Which is acknowledged by user that they have review and no data needed to input.

expected reuslt.JPG

ii. Tried to implement count grey color function in macro and is failed .

As it is conflicting with current data formatting in excel file , that is to help user to filter unnecessary cell. 

iii. Plan to open another new workbook and link data source file, remove all data formatting and run build in function.

Please feel free to share if you have any suggestion. Thanks in advance !! 

Sample of my current excel tracking file 

ExcelFileExample.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jimmy801 , 

Thanks for the sharing ! As you suggested , i have requested my team member to develop macro  for this counting issue before load to powerbi. And it works perfectly . 🙂 

Thanks ! 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Jimmy801
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello @Anonymous 

what have colored cells in Excel to do with Power Query? From Power Query only the raw data is transfered to Excel. If on the Excel-side you need to do some formatting like coloring, adding new column etc. this has nothing to do with power query. However I can help you also with Excel, but you need to do one your data is transfered to a sheet

BR

Jimmy

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jimmy801 , 

Thanks for the sharing ! As you suggested , i have requested my team member to develop macro  for this counting issue before load to powerbi. And it works perfectly . 🙂 

Thanks ! 

Hello @Anonymous 

okay great, but I would also say that writing a Macro where you can use integrated conditional formatting could be a little bit of an overkill.

BR

Jimmy

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors