Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to handle different refresh dates based on excel file delivery

Hello,

I need to create a report, which will analyze data for 3 different customers with data from SAP.

The users of data will be both coordinators and managers so one page will need to be operational (to analyze every customer) and another will be general overview for all of the customers.

The customer data will be provided by excel file send by every customer by mail and MS FLow will automatically upload this file on Sharepoint to one folder. Every customer will send data in different day of the week.

Data from SAP will be downloaded once per week.

The issue is how to build model to handle automatic refresh once customer will send file and to have general overview for managers.

Coordinators want to have one pbix file for every customer, but I'm sure that is a way to handle in on one pbix file and have general overview for managers as one page.

Can I for example upload every customer file as one query and trigger a update only of this query once the file will be uploaded on Sharepoint and then maybe on operational page make small note for every customer with date in which data was updated?

Any thoughts will be much appreciated

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

If your data source is a Sharepoint Online folder then any changes there are supposedly picked up by the Power BI service automatically within an hour, ie without the need for any scheduling or API dataset refresh request calls.

Key word here is "supposedly" - you will want to validate that claim with your setup.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors