Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Asha_2021
Frequent Visitor

How to fix lookup table to fetch data only from one table, when four tables are connecte

S1 value should come only from T1, not from T3S1 value should come only from T1, not from T3Pls help me to fetch value only from one table, rather the S1 is present in two two tables(T1 & T3) but I don't want it to fetch from T3. @heaher_iTalent @Greg_Deckler

3 REPLIES 3
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Asha_2021 

What is your expected output? When you are creating a visual, if you select columns from Lookuptable and T1 table, you will not see data from T3 table in the visual. If you want to add a column or a measure or something else, could you provide some sample data and expected result to help us understand it better?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing

Hi Jing,

Please help me, I am stuck and can't move ahead.

this is my measure:

reqcount2 = IF(SELECTEDVALUE('AWS Sum'[COST])="Public Transit",[PublictransitawsReq],IF(SELECTEDVALUE('AWS Sum'[COST])="Forward Geocoder API 6.2",[Forward Geocoder API6.2_AriaReq],IF(SELECTEDVALUE('AWS Sum'[COST])="Reverse Geocoder API 6.2",[Reverse Geocoder API 6.2_AriaReq],CALCULATE(SWITCH(TRUE(),SELECTEDVALUE('AWS Sum'[COST]) in VALUES(Transactions[Odin Application Name]),sum(Transactions[req_count]),SELECTEDVALUE('AWS Sum'[COST]) in VALUES(Aria_bulk[Responsible]),SUM(Aria_bulk[count]),SELECTEDVALUE('AWS Sum'[COST]) in VALUES(Aria_extendedbulk[Application]),SUM(Aria_extendedbulk[recorded_units]),SUM('AWSreq-splunk'[Value]))))

Problem here is if I am looking for value of an application, then it first search in 
(Transactions) table and then  moves to 
(Aria_bulk) table, 
what I am looking here is for eg: if ABC is an application name and if for that the value should be fetched only from (Transactions) table... it should not look in
Aria_bulk table if the value is not found in (TRansactions) table:
Because currently , it is fetching value from Aria bulk if not found in TRansaction table:
Asha_2021_0-1636136094317.png

And it's a vice versa thing, for eg in the image For fleet connectivity Extension, it is displaying value.. but Ideally it should be blank, becuase for this application the value should be fetched only from (Transactions) table, but it is fetching from Aria_ bulk table, because the value is not there in Transcation table.

what changes is required to this expression.

KNP
Super User
Super User

Start here...

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447523#M6071...

Have I solved your problem?
Please click Accept as Solution so I don't keep coming back to this post, oh yeah, others may find it useful also ;).
chrome-9xf-Zagzel-B

If you found this post helpful, please give Kudos.
It gives me a sense of instant gratification and, if you give me Kudos enough times, magical unicorns will appear on your screen.
If you find my signature vaguely amusing, please give Kudos.
KIfp67uy-Sr
Proud to be a Super User!PBI-Super-User-Rank-30x30-1x

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors