Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to filter an Olap Cube on Power Query Side

Hi

I need to connect my report to an Olap Cube, so I use "Analysis Services" connector and it works fine but unfortunatly I want to filter my data before loading it on Power BI.

My dataset contains more than 16 Million of rows and I just need 1 Million 😉

On the cube Navigation view I can just add Dimension or Measure and I don't have any filter proposal

Capture.PNG

So I try to use Cube.ApplyParameter on the advanced editor but it seems that I'm not enought advanced myself.

This first test :

let
    Source = AnalysisServices.Databases("xxxxxxxxxx\Z2347PROD14", [TypedMeasureColumns=true, Implementation="2.0"]),
    ISI_2_1 = Source{[Name="ISI_2_1"]}[Data],
    TimeTracking_tech = ISI_2_1{[Id="TimeTracking_tech"]}[Data],
    #"Time Tracking1" = TimeTracking_tech{[Id="Time Tracking"]}[Data],
    #"Éléments ajoutés" = Cube.Transform(#"Time Tracking1",
        {
            {Cube.AddAndExpandDimensionColumn, "[Members]", {"[Members].[MEM member].[MEM member]", "[Members].[MEM Organization].[MEM Organization]"}, {"Members.MEM member", "Members.MEM Organization"}},
            {Cube.ApplyParameter("[Members].[MEM Organization].[MEM Organization]",{"Digital Front End - DT"})}           
        }),
    #"Lignes filtrées1" = Table.SelectRows(#"Éléments ajoutés", each (Cube.AttributeMemberId([Members.MEM Organization]) = "[Members].[MEM Organization].&[73847]" meta [DisplayName = "Digital Front End - DT"]))
in
    #"Lignes filtrées1"

raise this error :

Expression.Error : Désolé... Nous n'avons pas pu convertir la valeur "[Members].[MEM Organ..." en type Table.
Détails :
Value=[Members].[MEM Organization].[MEM Organization]
Type=[Type]

and this other test :

let
    Source = AnalysisServices.Databases("xxxxxxxxxx\Z2347PROD14", [TypedMeasureColumns=true, Implementation="2.0"]),
    ISI_2_1 = Source{[Name="ISI_2_1"]}[Data],
    TimeTracking_tech = ISI_2_1{[Id="TimeTracking_tech"]}[Data],
    #"Time Tracking1" = TimeTracking_tech{[Id="Time Tracking"]}[Data],
    Test = Cube.ApplyParameter(#"Time Tracking1","[Members].[MEM Organization].[MEM Organization]",{"Digital Front End - DT"}),
    #"Éléments ajoutés" = Cube.Transform(Test,
        {
            {Cube.AddAndExpandDimensionColumn, "[Members]", {"[Members].[MEM member].[MEM member]", "[Members].[MEM Organization].[MEM Organization]"}, {"Members.MEM member", "Members.MEM Organization"}}            
        }),
    #"Lignes filtrées1" = Table.SelectRows(#"Éléments ajoutés", each (Cube.AttributeMemberId([Members.MEM Organization]) = "[Members].[MEM Organization].&[73847]" meta [DisplayName = "Digital Front End - DT"]))
in
    #"Lignes filtrées1"

raise this other error :

Expression.Error : La clé ne correspondait à aucune ligne dans la table.
Détails :
Key=
Id=[Members].[MEM Organization].[MEM Organization]
Table=[Table]

If somebody have an idea, it will be very helpfull 😉

nb : I can't use direct connect because I need to use other external data 😉

5 REPLIES 5
Kevin23
Regular Visitor

Hello Stephane,

I have the same issue.

Did you find the solution?

Kevin

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kevin,

Yes i found the solution by customing MDX query

It's little ticky beacause syntax doesn't look like SQL but it works fine

StéphaneA_0-1613988703717.png

Thank you Stephane,

I want to do it directly from Power BI to Google Analytics. So i'm going to look for somethink in power Query, directly to GA.

Kevin

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

When you connect to Analysis Services you can specify a custom MDX query. Use that for your filtering.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good idea but if I want to use MDX request I need to define the database and unfortunatly I didn't able to do that

Actually on the navigator side I have that view :

Sans titre.png

I try the following configuration :

• ISI_2_1
  • [ISI_2_1]
  • ISI_2_1.TimeTracking_tech
  • [ISI_2_1].[TimeTracking_tech]
  • ISI_2_1.TimeTracking_tech.Time Tracking
  • [ISI_2_1].[TimeTracking_tech].[Time Tracking]

But each time I got the same error : " Either the xxx user does not have access to the xxxxx database, or the database does not exist."

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors