Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to do Multiple OAuth2 Authentication in Custom Connector of Power BI

Hi All,

I have to create a custom connector of Power BI. Here,i need to perform multiple OAuth authentication. Since there are two Apps of Microsoft OAuth2 configured for different set of API collection and based on the authentication, user will get access set of Data.

Thanks a lot in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous 

Not sure what do you mean by multiple, for custom connector please read through the tutorial and follow it step by step, there also many tutorial videos.

Installing the Power Query SDK | Microsoft Docs

Create custom connectors in Power Bi - YouTube

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for responding.

Actually my scenario is, we have two applications, which serves similar kind of data. In our custom report we need to call two different API's based on OAuth, to get these data's. Currently we created two different Custom Report (separate for each API) and it is working well. Since it is two different reports, our users are suggesting to combine into one.

When we try to combine, since it is two application we have two different authentication process using Microsoft OAuth. So there are two different cliend_id's and we require two different tokens to access these two different API's (two different token coresponding to two different API's located in two different servers). This is the reason we enquired about having a multiple authentication mechanism. Please let me know if you require more details.

Thanks a lot. 

I have a same usecase, I need to use different client_id and secret in the same connector. Did you get any solution for this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors