cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kamalmsharma Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: How to connect google sheet to Power BI

Hi GGetty, thanks a ton for this post. It was immensely helpful and worked like a wonder. Cheers!

NWBI Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

@GGetty Does using the "export?format=xlsx&id=" publish the sheet to wthe web for access?

Just want to make sure, before I use it, that this solution doesn't cause our sheet to be published or available to anyone other than who it has been shared with. 

If this maintians the security of the sheet this is a real slick solution. 

Look forward to hearing back from you!

GGetty Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

@NWBI I think you did have to publish if you wanted to use the "export?format...." solution. You should definitely test first with a spreadsheet that doesn't have sensitive data. Caveat emptor. This thread is nearly two year old. Other folks in the thread talked about setting up a Google Developer ID for more secure access - you might want to try one of those solutions.

NWBI Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

This worked just fine on an unpublished sheet. 

Interesting.

Good solution, thanks!

GGetty Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

@NWBI glad to hear it. I imagine it all worked smoothly as you as the author were logged in to Power BI and Google with correct credentials. It would be interesting to hear what happens if other users attempt to view the Power BI visualizations on PowerBI.com or by opening the Power BI .PBIX file and clicking refresh.

Glad you got what you needed. Cheers.

GGetty Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

@NWBI glad to hear it. I imagine it all worked smoothly as you as the author were logged in to Power BI and Google with correct credentials. It would be interesting to hear what happens if other users attempt to view the Power BI visualizations on PowerBI.com or by opening the Power BI .PBIX file and clicking refresh.

Glad you got what you needed. Cheers.

ViktorL Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hello,

I have succesfully connected a published Google Sheet to Power BI Desktop, published the report to app.powerbi.com and set up Gateway for it. When refreshing data I get:

Something went wrong

Cannot connect to the mashup data source. See error details for more information.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

Underlying error messageThe Web.Page function requires Active Scripting to be enabled in Internet Explorer options. See https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=506565 for details on how to enable Active Scripting.

Has anyone experienced this?

Many thanks,
Viktor
Highlighted
asmarezgui Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hello

I tried to apply your solution however I got this error

I could not see my data

column 1  column2

info icon  navigation to the webpage was cancelled