Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gzimmer
Frequent Visitor

How to build column of cumulative active project hours?

I have a table of active projects, with their name, ID, start date, end date, and expected hours per month. I want to create a graph looking ahead 6+ months of all the hours we are expecting these projects to take up. Right now, I'm building a table starting with a column of every end of month date from the beginning of 2021 to mid 2022. I'd like to take each of these EOMdates, and go through the whole table of active projects looking for all projects that have start dates before or on the EOMdate and end dates after on on the EOMdate, then sum all of the expected hours per month of these projects. How can I accomplish this?

1 REPLY 1
BA_Pete
Super User
Super User

Hi @gzimmer ,

This really sounds like a DAX thing. You've posted this on the Power Query board so I can move your post to the Desktop board if you want?

If you really need this done in Power Query for some reason, then can you post a copyable example of your active projects data please?

Pete

Now accepting Kudos! If my post helped you, why not give it a thumbs-up?

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors