Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to add condicional date in a table?

Hi,

I have a sales table with 2 main columns:

Price - How much was sold the product

Installments - How many installments was splitted the payment (in months)

I'm trying to build a third column with the information of how much cash will get in over this year. For instance, if someone bought a product for $400 on november and splitted the payment in 4 times, this year I'll get $100 and next year I'll get the other $300, so the column should return "$100". How can I build that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

See below the difference between the content in the formula bar and the Custom Column's text box.

I also attach the PBIX file for your reference.

Payeras_BI_0-1627630379508.png

If this post answered your question, please mark it as a solution to help other users find useful content.
Kudos are another nice way to acknowledge those who tried to help you.

J. Payeras
Mallorca, Spain

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Hello @mpoppes,

I agree with @mahoneypat and would go for a DAX measure here, but since you posted the question in PQ forum this is an alternative approach using the Editor and considering you had sale dates in different years.

Payeras_BI_1-1627376682395.png

= Table.AddColumn(#"Changed Type", "Current Year's Receipts", each ([Price]/[Monthly Installments])*List.Count(List.Select(List.Transform({0..[Monthly Installments]-1}, (x) => Date.AddMonths([Date],x)),each Date.IsInCurrentYear(_))),Currency.Type)

Payeras_BI
Super User
Super User

Hello @Anonymous,

I agree with @mahoneypat and would go for a DAX measure here, but since you posted the question in PQ forum this is an alternative approach using the Editor and considering you had sale dates in different years.

Payeras_BI_1-1627376682395.png

= Table.AddColumn(#"Changed Type", "Current Year's Receipts", each ([Price]/[Monthly Installments])*List.Count(List.Select(List.Transform({0..[Monthly Installments]-1}, (x) => Date.AddMonths([Date],x)),each Date.IsInCurrentYear(_))),Currency.Type)

If this post answered your question, please mark it as a solution to help other users find useful content.

J. Payeras
Mallorca, Spain
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Payeras_BI @Syndicate_Admin 

Thanks for the concern, I'll think about that.

I tried  the formula you sent, but i got an Expression Error, saying that "Changed Type" wasn't recognized. How can I fix it?

mpoppes_1-1627417401752.png

Hi again @Anonymous,

Please remove the string of code shown below from your "Fórmula de coluna personalizada" Text Box.

Table.AddColumn(#"Changed Type", "Current Year's Receipts", each 

This piece of code will be added by PQ once you click "Ok" with a reference to the immediate previous step in you query instead of #"Changed Type" and the name of your Custom Column instead of "Current Year's receipts".

I hope this helps.

J. Payeras
Mallorca, Spain
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Payeras_BI ,

Sorry, I still don't get it. Was it supossed to me delete the first part, like the print bellow?

mpoppes_0-1627592603372.png

I'm not that used to the PQ language 

Hi @Anonymous ,

See below the difference between the content in the formula bar and the Custom Column's text box.

I also attach the PBIX file for your reference.

Payeras_BI_0-1627630379508.png

J. Payeras
Mallorca, Spain
mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

Here is a column expression that should do that.  Replace T2 with your actual table name (fix column names too).  FYI that you could also do this as a measure and avoid storing this extra column.

ValueThisYear =
VAR thisdate = T2[SaleDate]
VAR monthsthisyear =
    DATEDIFF ( thisdateDATE ( YEAR ( thisdate )1231 )MONTH )
RETURN
    T2[SalePrice] * monthsthisyear / T2[Installments]

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors