Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to Setup Xero connection to Power BI

Hi

I am new to Power BI and have been trying to setup our organizations Xero connection to Power BI.  I cant seem to find Xero in the connected apps in Power BI? Anyone have ideas on what I could be missing in the setup? All the documents and videos online appear to be very simple and straight forward but I must be missing an important step cause Xero isnt available in the Services Apps in my Power BI.

Help!

TIA,

Sane

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous ,

Sorry for the delay.

Update: the Xero app was republished as a Template app, you could find it from here.

By my test, we could get it in app list now.

Capture.PNG

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
kevinwiegand
Frequent Visitor

Hi Sane,

There are three ways;
1) log into powerbi.com -> Get Data -> Xero App (downside is you can't edit / consolidate / add data / create measures)

2) export CSV's from Xero -> PowerBI Desktop -> Publish to powerbi.com (manual, error prone, not scalable)

3) Programatically update an Azure SQL DB -> Power BI Desktop (Direct query) -> Publish to powerbi.com (automated, scalable, and the start of something beautiful)

We have a connector which helps you achieve step 3). You can read more about here : https://datasights.co/integrations/xero-connector/

Good luck!

v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous ,

Sorry for the delay.

Update: the Xero app was republished as a Template app, you could find it from here.

By my test, we could get it in app list now.

Capture.PNG

Best  Regards,

Cherry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
miguel
Community Admin
Community Admin

As mentioned before, the connector has been deprecated and if you'd like to create a new connector, you'd need to use the specific Power BI Custom Connector SDK.

More information about that SDK here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-query/startingtodevelopcustomconnectors

v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous ,

By my tests and research, this bolg has announced that the Xero contact pack is deprecated, so we cannot find it in power bi service any more.

You may try with web connector in power bi desktop if you have the api of xero.

Reference: API Strategies with Power BI

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors