Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

aalcantara
Frequent Visitor

How to Programmatically Get Data from a Power BI Dataset

I have a Power BI report published in Power BI Service.

I would like to archive the dataset for one power query of this report into a database.

I would like to programmatically do this using C#. 

Is this possible and how can this be accomplished?

2 REPLIES 2
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @aalcantara 

As searched, I'm afraid it is impossible to get data from Power BI Dataset this using C# programmatically.

As a workaround, here is an article shows how to export Power BI data to SQL Server database.

Best Regards
Maggie

Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Maggie,

Thank you for your reponse, however, this workaround would not solve what I am trying to do.

We have a period closeout concept in our process that requires archiving the data at closeout.

The closeout process is what we want to be the trigger to get the data and save to the database.

There are too many data transformation in the power BI dataflow which we do not want to replicate in our C# code and would rather just get the data from power BI.

Thanks.

aalacantara

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors