Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ooptennoort
Advocate I
Advocate I

How to Load data to existing worksheet (=table) without headers using Power Query (updating table)??

I so much would like to append refreshable data (Power Query) to an (existing) table. I can of course load to cell in existing worksheet, but how:

a) can I do this omitting the headers (from the import data) and,

b) with the table recognising the import data as an inserted data (resizing table accordingly+applying table formatting) and,

c) retaining the refresh capability in the appended section of the (resized) table?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
edhans
Super User
Super User

You cannot do this @ooptennoort - any PQ query loaded to an Excel table is a full table on its own, with headers.

The way I would to it is:

1. Load your existing table into Power Query.
  2. Append it with your new data that you previously wanted to append to the worksheet.
  3. Load this new appended table with all of the data to a new table.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@ooptennoort 
Your expected output is not supported in Power Bi. As @edhans said, you can load the new table then append it to your existing table, both table data is also refreshable. 

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team

edhans
Super User
Super User

You cannot do this @ooptennoort - any PQ query loaded to an Excel table is a full table on its own, with headers.

The way I would to it is:

1. Load your existing table into Power Query.
  2. Append it with your new data that you previously wanted to append to the worksheet.
  3. Load this new appended table with all of the data to a new table.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors