Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to Import multiple files(Excel and CSV) from sharepoint to power bi desktop?

How to Import multiple files(Excel and CSV) from sharepoint to power bi desktop? I don't want to combine the files. I just want to import one Excel file (3 tabs) and one csv file from sharepoint.

Excel file contains: tab1 - product, Tab2 - Geo, Tab3 - Manufacturer

Please provide a detailed steps.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi arunkumara, 

You said connect from dataflow? or sharepoint by web connector? You could clear the corresponding permission in datasource setting in Edit Queries, then try my above suggestions to connect sharepoint by web, then pass the credential of organizational account to see whether it work or not. If you want to connect to  pbi dataflow, you use pbi dataflows connector directly and pass the organizational account.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Jimmy801
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello @Anonymous 

use this syntax to read from Sharepoint for Excel-files

Excel.Workbook(Web.Contents(FileName))

and this one to get CSV or TXT-file

Csv.Document(Web.Contents(FileName))

If this post helps or solves your problem, please mark it as solution.
Kudos are nice to - thanks
Have fun

Jimmy

dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi arunkumara, 

It seems that you want load sheet in Excel seperately, right? If so, you could try to use Web connector. You could get folder path like below(open file in app, the copy the path from Excel, and remove ?web=1 in path), then it should work

516.PNG

Then you could load the cvs file. They won't combine and will show seperately.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, Can you please provide the steps for the web connection through Dataflow for the xlsx? 

Am unable to connect, getting an error stating that "Invalid Credentials"

dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi arunkumara, 

You said connect from dataflow? or sharepoint by web connector? You could clear the corresponding permission in datasource setting in Edit Queries, then try my above suggestions to connect sharepoint by web, then pass the credential of organizational account to see whether it work or not. If you want to connect to  pbi dataflow, you use pbi dataflows connector directly and pass the organizational account.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I cleared the corresponding permission in datasource setting in Edit Queries and reloaded the file through Web and i was able to load the data from SHare point. 

Thanks for your help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors