cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
BarryB75 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

How to Import from a Web page with tabs on the table?

I hope you guys (and gals) can help.  I'm trying to import a table from a web page and only having partial success.  On the web page, the table has multiple tabs.  When I put in the url into power BI, it comes over as one table and I only get the first tab.  The url doesn't change when I click on the other tabs on the website table.  How do I get the other information (on the additional tabs) to download?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BhaveshPatel Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: How to Import from a Web page with tabs on the table?

You can do this by following below guidelines.

!. Firstly create parameter ( List of Values) using Blank Query. This list will act as dynamic page no. in your Query.

2. Secondly, You need to replace the page no. in your Web.contents function with NumberToText function. 

This will give you all the tables in your webpage at one shot.

For Demo, Please refer to this BLOG for step by step process.

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Love the Self Service BI.
Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
BhaveshPatel Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: How to Import from a Web page with tabs on the table?

You can do this by following below guidelines.

!. Firstly create parameter ( List of Values) using Blank Query. This list will act as dynamic page no. in your Query.

2. Secondly, You need to replace the page no. in your Web.contents function with NumberToText function. 

This will give you all the tables in your webpage at one shot.

For Demo, Please refer to this BLOG for step by step process.

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Love the Self Service BI.
Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Topics Started Badges Coming

New Topics Started Badges Coming

We're releasing new versions of the badge that everyone's talking about. ;) Check your inbox for notifications.

MBAS 2020

Save the new date (and location)!

Our business applications community is growing—so we needed a different venue, resulting in a new date and location. See you there!

Difinity Conference

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)