Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

JakeandSnake
Frequent Visitor

How to Ignore Csv quoted line breaks

Hi,

I have a Power BI Report that connected to a Sharepoint folder with many CSV files. And I know I have a quoted line break issue and need to find out a way to ignore the quoted line break. I've done some research and need to handle it by using QuoteStyle.Csv.

However, I'm using a different way to append all the files into one dataset instead of using the default "Combine&Edit". I tried to add "QuotaStyle.Csv" in my code (As highlighted) but still didn't work. Not sure whether should handle it at "Table.ExpandTableColumn" step and how. Any idea would be appreciated.  

JakeandSnake_1-1624587836114.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
edhans
Super User
Super User

1. Why are you not using the Combine feature of Power Query?
  2. Don't use SharePoint.Files here. It looks like you are getting files from 1 folder. Change SharePoint.Files() in the source line to SharePoint.Contents(). Navigate to the folder you need, then do a combine (or filter further to just keep the CSVs you need, then combine).

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
luzwales
Regular Visitor

let
    Source = Table.SelectRows(SharePoint.Files("https://company.sharepoint.com/sites/department", [ApiVersion = 15]),each Text.Contains([#"Folder Path"],"folder_name")),
    #"Removed Other Columns" = Table.TransformColumns(Table.SelectColumns(Source,{"Content", "Name"}),{"Content",each Table.SelectRows(Table.PromoteHeaders(Table.Range(Csv.Document(_,[Delimiter=","]),3)),each [UnitID_1]<>"")}),
    #"Expanded Content" = Table.ExpandTableColumn(#"Removed Other Columns", "Content", {"A", "B", "C", "D", "E", "F"}, {"A", "B", "C", "D", "E", "F"})
in
    #"Expanded Content"
edhans
Super User
Super User

1. Why are you not using the Combine feature of Power Query?
  2. Don't use SharePoint.Files here. It looks like you are getting files from 1 folder. Change SharePoint.Files() in the source line to SharePoint.Contents(). Navigate to the folder you need, then do a combine (or filter further to just keep the CSVs you need, then combine).

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

Hi @edhans ,

1. I've watched a video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GIz50pftZ0) and found out this way is much more clean and simple. 

2. I can do that, but it will use Combine which I'm trying to avoid. Though I know it can solve my issue here. Anyway, it's an option. Thanks~ 

Wondering is there any other fix can be done without changing my Source line?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors