Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

IbisRipley
Frequent Visitor

How to Combine rows of web table by order (every 2 rows)

Hello All,

I am using the following code in power BI to get a table of prior version values for a given list item.

let
    Source = Web.Page(Web.Contents("<site>/_layouts/15/versions.aspx?list=xxxx-61cc-405d-xx-c411eaa43b90&ID=17")),
    Data0 = Source{0}[Data],
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Data0,{{"No.", Int64.Type}, {"Modified", type any}, {"Modified By", type any}}),
    #"Removed Bottom Rows" = Table.RemoveLastN(#"Changed Type",1)
in
    #"Removed Bottom Rows"

However, The data on the page is split on to 2 lines/record.  I am having trouble deciding the logical list of steps to join them

together.  The table "removed Bottom Rows" looks like:

CurrentTable.PNG

Each desired record has it's value ( metric number value) one row below and with the header "metric number value" in the row below.

I am trying to get to the set of steps to just get data as [no] , [modified], [modified by] , [value]

Also,  many can probably already tell that the data comes from Sharepoint versions.aspx page.  I am open to other ways, butI have another ticket regarding that question and since I am on prem Sharepoint and power BI server some options were off the table.

ThanksFor any help you can provide

2 REPLIES 2
pallmall
Regular Visitor

This may not sound very helpful, but did you try to add the table by examples in the connector? Maybe the logic you are looking for is already provided by the connector itself. I would have tried it myself, but I'm lacking a suitable example 🙂

ANY advice is helpful, thanks. Appologies for the lack of example (I was not sure which direction to go.) As for this suggestion, I was unable to navigate to the fields to select. I have now managed to get a solution to work by addimg a conditional column and using "copy up".

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors