Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Shelley
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

How to Combine Files in SharePoint Folder with a Dataflow

Both this post https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-dataflows-january-updates/ and this post https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-dataflows-data-sources indicate the capability to connect to a SharePoint Folder, using dataflows. I want to auto-combine files from a SharePoint folder, like I do in Power Query in Power BI. Is this possible in dataflows, and what specific steps must be taken to do this? I have set up the combining of files in Power BI and tried copying the scripting to a blank query, but there are other steps that Power Query creates that I cannot seem to figure out how to create in dataflows. See the Transform/Sample Query below.

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
edhans
Super User
Super User

See this thread. Hopefully the UI will be able to handle this in the near future.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
edhans
Super User
Super User

See this thread. Hopefully the UI will be able to handle this in the near future.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting
Shelley
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Thanks @edhans as this put me on the right track to figuring out how to do it!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors