Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

leschi
Frequent Visitor

How do get last Date from a SalesLine Table

Hello,

i want to create a Table where i can see all my Products with their last sale date. Also the Daterange should be choosable.

I tried it and it is not possible with a standard date-range filter.

So my second idea is to create a nother Table with the product number and the last sale date.

Does anyone have an idea how to to this?

I hope you have some ideas or tips how to solve this problem.

Here is some sample data from the salesline table:

ProductNumberProductNameDate
123Pencil09.12.2019
543677PC16.12.2019
4567Keyboard05.12.2019
123Pencil05.12.2019
543677PC15.12.2019
543677PC14.12.2019
4567Keyboard12.12.2019
123Pencil01.12.2019
123Pencil02.12.2019
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Jimmy801
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello @leschi ,

you can apply some simple grouping. But this will not fit your needs as you can't choose the daterange.

let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("i45WMjQyVtJRCkjNS87MATIMLPUMjfSMDAwtlWJ1opVMTYzNzM1BCpyBhKEZiqSJqRlIyju1Mik/sSgFpNsURQG62ab4zMYraULAYqAsPosN8coi6Y0FAA==", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [ProductNumber = _t, ProductName = _t, Date = _t]),
    ChangeType = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"ProductNumber", Int64.Type}, {"ProductName", type text}, {"Date", type date}}),
    GroupedRows = Table.Group
    (
        ChangeType, 
        {"ProductNumber", "ProductName"},
        {{"MaxDate", each List.Max([Date]), type date}}
    )
in
    GroupedRows

In Power BI is no way to include a external parameter in Power Query. This could be done in Excel. Using Power BI the only way would be to use DAX

If this post helps or solves your problem, please mark it as solution.
Kudos are nice to - thanks
Have fun

Jimmy

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Jimmy801
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello @leschi ,

you can apply some simple grouping. But this will not fit your needs as you can't choose the daterange.

let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("i45WMjQyVtJRCkjNS87MATIMLPUMjfSMDAwtlWJ1opVMTYzNzM1BCpyBhKEZiqSJqRlIyju1Mik/sSgFpNsURQG62ab4zMYraULAYqAsPosN8coi6Y0FAA==", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [ProductNumber = _t, ProductName = _t, Date = _t]),
    ChangeType = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"ProductNumber", Int64.Type}, {"ProductName", type text}, {"Date", type date}}),
    GroupedRows = Table.Group
    (
        ChangeType, 
        {"ProductNumber", "ProductName"},
        {{"MaxDate", each List.Max([Date]), type date}}
    )
in
    GroupedRows

In Power BI is no way to include a external parameter in Power Query. This could be done in Excel. Using Power BI the only way would be to use DAX

If this post helps or solves your problem, please mark it as solution.
Kudos are nice to - thanks
Have fun

Jimmy

Thanks for your help !!
with some modifications it worked like a charm 😉

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors