cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
abhilashca Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

How do I do Power BI & Microsoft Planner integration for project status and data visualization?

I have a desktop licensed version of Power BI and I track my (and my team) projects in Planner. Is there any way I can connect the Planner with Power BI to get a better reporting? I tried connecting through SQL server and I am not sure what is the Server name and Port number? Thanks in advance for your answers.

2 REPLIES 2
abhilashca Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Integration of Planner and Power BI

I keep my planner updated with all projects done by me and my team. I would like to get a better view of this project status and updates using Power BI. Please let me know how can I connect the O365 Planner to Power BI. I tried connecting the data through SQL server (not sure if that is a way to do), however, I was unsure about the Server name and Port number. Please help!

Moderator v-yuezhe-msft

Re: How do I do Power BI & Microsoft Planner integration for project status and data visualizati

@abhilashca,

There is no built-in connector for Microsoft Planner in Power BI, an idea about this issue has been submitted in this link, please vote it up.

As a workaround for this issue, you can use Microsoft Flow to propagate your Planner information to other data source such as SharePoint, then use Power BI to create report by connecting to  the data source. There are blogs for your reference.

Microsoft Planner: Considerations for Reporting–Part 2
Microsoft Planner: Considerations for Reporting–Part 3

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Kudos Received Badges Coming

New Kudos Received Badges Coming

Kudos to you if you earned one of these! Check your inbox for a notification.

Microsoft Implementation for Communities Wins Award

Microsoft Implementation for Communities Wins Award

Learn about the award-winning innovation that was implemented across Microsoft’s Business Applications Communities.

Power Platform World Tour

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (3,963)