Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SHOOKANSON
Advocate I
Advocate I

How do I customize this function??

Hi all!

I am not a very advanced Power BI user and I am running into an issue. My report user wants a specific field from our application pulled into a Power BI report. "Great...I can do that easily," I thought. Turns out the field is a function which is not something I have ever dealt with before. This is what shows in Power Query Editor:

2019-08-01_13-54-21.jpg

How do I get this to show as a table? Basically this is a function for the next date of inspection for a piece of equipment. Obviously I want the next due date autmatically calculated for each piece of equipment, but how do I put in data fields and not static values? I am very confused. Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Nolock
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @SHOOKANSON,

the simples method is the following:

1. Fill out some static values.
  2. Click on Invoke. - pic1
  3. Now you see a new query among Queries on the left hand site: Invoked Function
  4. Click on the new query, go to the tab Home and click on the Advanced Editor.
  5. You see the invocation with all parameters. -pic2
  6. Copy the invocation from the query and use it whereever you need with new parameters. -pic 3

pic1pic1pic2pic2

Capture3.PNG

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Nolock
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @SHOOKANSON,

the simples method is the following:

1. Fill out some static values.
  2. Click on Invoke. - pic1
  3. Now you see a new query among Queries on the left hand site: Invoked Function
  4. Click on the new query, go to the tab Home and click on the Advanced Editor.
  5. You see the invocation with all parameters. -pic2
  6. Copy the invocation from the query and use it whereever you need with new parameters. -pic 3

pic1pic1pic2pic2

Capture3.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

charticulator_carousel_with_text (1).png

Charticulator Design Challenge

Put your data visualization and design skills to the test! This exciting challenge is happening now through May 31st!

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Power BI Release May 2022 768x460.png

Check it out!

Click here to read more about the May 2022 updates!