Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

UsePowerBI
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

How can I set Data Queries to be loaded in a worksheet named as the query itself?

Hello!

How can I set Data Queries to be loaded in a worksheet named as the query itself?

E.g. I have Query1 and when I run/refresh it, I want the results to be loaded in a worksheet named Query1, instead of Sheet1.

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
SHammer

I don't believe there is a way to autoname the worksheet you load your query to.   

There might be an Add On tool someone created which may do this, but I don't use these as my laptop is restricted from those.

I would recommend renaming your worksheet prior to or after you do your first load to the worksheet and when you refresh in the future, it will automatically load to that particular worksheet.  Of course, if you rename the query you will have to manually rename the tab.  Theoretically, it should be a rare occurrence where you would need to rename since you are refreshing vs. creating a new query each time.

V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@UsePowerBI 

Can you provide a screenshort and explain what you have done like where is Query1 (power bi desktop?) and to which worksheet(Date view?Excel?). And I am not sure what do you mean by run/refresh to load data into sheet, also which worksheet do you meant?

Regards
Paul

StefanoGrimaldi
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

if you mean when loading the query you can go to power query editor, there doble click the query name and it will let you change its name

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! / Did it help? Give some Kudos!

Proud to be a Super User!

Thanks but I do not want to change the Query name. I want to change (or better specify) the Sheet name to be the same as the Query name.

you mean the sheet on the report view? if that it, same doble click on the sheet name of the report and you can rename it, but thats manually cant do it by default or anything. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! / Did it help? Give some Kudos!

StefanoGrimaldi
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

hey, the question its a bit ambiguous can you post a example of what you mean exactly? the end result you want. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors