Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How can I make templates for use with third party data attribution software and make it public

For years now, I am using Microsoft office, as well as Power BI for visualization. As I work in a small company, I have also learned some VBA. Now I have to pull some analytics data from Windsor.ai platform and to make them look splendid fro my bosses. I found their explanation on how to connect with the API, and I did so. Now, I would like to put all the data in my Power BI and to make them (template, not the data itself, accessible to all people that uses this platform. Any bits of advice?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
artemus
Employee
Employee

Option 1:

Use a template: Just create a blank Power Bi report with the data in it. Add a Parameter which lets the user select what data to view (substitute it for your sample data). Then do a save as and choose template.

Option 2:

Make a data connector. This is much more involved, but will provide a more transparent experience. Let me know if you need details on this.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Djordje_M
Advocate II
Advocate II

This got even easier now, using the MS Appsource Apps, connectors to your desired third party sources. Many have their Apps listed there, like Windsor.ai

artemus
Employee
Employee

Option 1:

Use a template: Just create a blank Power Bi report with the data in it. Add a Parameter which lets the user select what data to view (substitute it for your sample data). Then do a save as and choose template.

Option 2:

Make a data connector. This is much more involved, but will provide a more transparent experience. Let me know if you need details on this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors