Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dominik_ioz
Regular Visitor

How can I do a full data load from my Dynamics CRM Online to PowerBI Desktop?

Hi everyone,

I used to integrate my Dynamics CRM Online to PowerBI Online, which worked seamlessly and is really awesome. It automatically loaded all the data from CRM to PowerBI and even generated a nice dashboard.

Now I tried to do the same within PowerBI Desktop. Using the desktop app, it seems ways more complicated, as I should select each and every single entity from CRM, which even takes much more time. Are there any hints how to do it more easily or how to download the exisiting online dashboard right into the desktop app?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
TPalmer
Employee
Employee

Great to hear the Dynamics CRM content pack was helpful!

Unfortunately there's no way today to download the existing data set and reports that built the content pack into the Desktop, although we are looking at offering a similar capability so that users don't have to start from scratch.

Selecting the entities you're interested in and using the auto-detect relationship capability you should be able to quickly generate your own custom CRM model. The Dynamics CRM content pack doesn't actually pull all your CRM data into Power BI, instead it selects particular entities as well (you can see from the dataset view which tables those are).  The path is not as streamline as the out of box content, but should allow you to pull in things like custom objects and other tables the content pack doesn't provide.

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TPalmer
Employee
Employee

Great to hear the Dynamics CRM content pack was helpful!

Unfortunately there's no way today to download the existing data set and reports that built the content pack into the Desktop, although we are looking at offering a similar capability so that users don't have to start from scratch.

Selecting the entities you're interested in and using the auto-detect relationship capability you should be able to quickly generate your own custom CRM model. The Dynamics CRM content pack doesn't actually pull all your CRM data into Power BI, instead it selects particular entities as well (you can see from the dataset view which tables those are).  The path is not as streamline as the out of box content, but should allow you to pull in things like custom objects and other tables the content pack doesn't provide.

Hope that helps!

Hi,

In the same situation, I started using a sample of data (200 lines) in my powerBI desktop. I am pretty worried about downloaded the full online database. Then, I would rather remove my filters in the online powerBI only.

Can I do that ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors