Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How can I custom UI from connector code

Hello all,

I'm developing a custom connector and it works good.

The function Contents() takes 3 parameters: Environment (required), DateFrom (optional) and DateTo (optional):
2020-07-13_11-18-32.png

Then the function shows the Navigator window that helps user to find and select a dataset:

2020-07-13_11-06-39.png

What I want to change is behavoir of Power BI Desktop UI.

I want to place the optional parameters on the Navigator window, something like this:

2020-07-13_11-06-39 - 2.pngHow can I do that?

Is it possible?

Thanks in advance,

Alex.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You should be able to refer to it if it is in scope. Just use a function which returns a function.

DataFunction = (id as number) as function => (start, end) => // Use the id, start and end parameters

And before you ask adding documentation to the function there is a bit buggy. Also if all parameters are optional, it will load the data automatically and then let the user modify them.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Smauro
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Anonymous,

I don't believe you can do that. Since you've already called Table.ToNavigationTable, the data displaying there is already passed data through the connector, taking into account the user's parameter inputs if configured correctly.

The Navigation UI just reads what Table.ToNavigationTable returns and displays it in a pretty format. What you're asking is for this UI to be able to know how it got the values it got. Not really possible since we do not have access to the UI itself, nor can we change what Table.ToNavigationTable returns.

Best,
Spyros

Feel free to connect with me:
LinkedIn

Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally, I was able to force PowerBI showing the parameters after selecting a datasource item.

The discussion which helped me is here

Now I can see the following:

89148573-47244e00-d56b-11ea-92fc-6c66c53644ce.png

What is not good is I have to pass Id of dataset as well.
Is there a way to pass that parameter to the function from connector code but leave others for user's entering?

You should be able to refer to it if it is in scope. Just use a function which returns a function.

DataFunction = (id as number) as function => (start, end) => // Use the id, start and end parameters

And before you ask adding documentation to the function there is a bit buggy. Also if all parameters are optional, it will load the data automatically and then let the user modify them.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It works for me.

Thanks a lot!

dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous , 

I am not professional in UI code of custome connector, so I suggest you could @ super users in this forum or open a ticket for this problem(support ).

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors