Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mabum777

How I can get opening sharepoint firewall with gateway server?

First of all, Thank you for reading this question.

My datasource is just two.
One is an Oracle Database and the other is an Excel file in sharepoint.

My Gateway on server is working well with DB connection.

(Our companys secure level is high, because of that, I was already open firewall port)

However, When Gateway connect the sharepoint, error message is coming.

[ The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel. ]

before that, I used sharepoint without gateway and db conncetion with gateway both. that's working well.
but this time, I have to using gateway both because merging two datasources.

I think it's firewall issue, so if you know firewall about sharepoint domain&port let me kwow please.

my already opened domain&port are below
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/data-integration/gateway/service-gateway-communication

I tried open the *.sharepoint.com 80/443. but it also not working.

2 REPLIES 2
v-alq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @mabum777 

The gateway communicates with Service Bus by using an IP address along with a fully qualified domain name (FQDN). If you force the gateway to communicate via HTTPS, it will strictly use FQDNs only and won't communicate by using IP addresses.

You may run the network ports test, it retrieves a list of ports and servers from Service Bus and then attempts to connect to all of them. The test results list all the servers, ports, and IP addresses that your gateway requires. If the test results display "Closed" for any ports as shown in the following screenshot, ensure that your network environment didn't block those connections. You might need to contact your network admin to open the required ports.

b3.png

Best Regards

Allan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for your reply,

I already did network port test, all Test results are success. 

Gateway work very well now, but only sharepoint datasource is not working.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors