Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

High CPU Utilization when user export data from report with SSAS Live Connection

Hi all,

I have facing this issue for some times now.

My setup is using SSAS Live Connection for my reports and publish to Power BI service. The problem is, my users sometimes like to drag some big table listing report and export them out. Whenever they do this, my server CPU utilization shoot up to 90% and above. 

Is there any ways that I can optimize this? I do not want to remove that export data functionality for my users.

Thanks in advance.

Max

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Whats more important to your users, up to the minute data, or flexiability of access?

If the data exporting is the main desire, but they are happy for the data to be stored and refreshed at intervals, then I would suggest moving to an import model and creating a set of tables that have whatever you need.  This gives you the option of keeping the data tight and optimised.

If they need data using the direct query method, then you are much more limited in what you can provide.  I would next suggest looking into another database that acts as a mirror of your source.  This would let you either distribute or isolate the reporting performance to other servers.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors