Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jkingry
Frequent Visitor

Help cannot connect my dataset to my gateway

Hello all,

I have configured a data gateway on my clients dev server.  I have configured the gateway power bi and it says it is ok.  When I try to map my dataset to the gateway under the "schedule refresh" option in Power BI I keep getting an error, I have included the screen shot of the error and am a bit lost on how to proceed at this point.

Something went wrong.

Failed to use the selected gateway. Please make sure the gateway is up and running and try again.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

Activity ID3d1c4016-d742-a2c0-0cf1-d5cf4a3c8e94
Request ID5642b1ca-cde0-88eb-79f3-724541572cc8
Correlation ID0e6b68be-4ea8-19ed-15cf-95629267dd8d
Status code400
TimeTue Aug 30 2016 16:26:46 GMT-0400 (Eastern Standard Time)
Version13.0.1605.376

Get help

PowerBI1.pngPowerBI2.png

4 REPLIES 4
cosborn1231
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi jkingry,

If you have not done so already, I would suggest registering the data source(s) within your Power BI Gateway.

Go to:

Setting<Datasets<Gateway connections<Manage Gateway<

Here you can add more data sources to your registered gateway. Make sure the credentials match what you used for the data gateway and for others who want to refresh you mark them as a "User" in data source settings pane.

Make sure your account used by the gateway has the correct permissions to the underlying data sources as well.

I hope that helps!

Anonymous
Not applicable

A bit late to the party but just wanted to thank @cosborn1231 for proposing this.

My gateway was missing one of the 14 different datasources my PBI report is pulling, and I couldn't figure out why I was getting error 400. Guess MS needs to work on these error messages.

Also late to the party, but I had 15 datasources and was missing one!

ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@jkingry Someone here had similar issue. Follow that post to see if you can find something helpful.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors