Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Help adding columns from another table to an existing query

Greetings,

I am running the following query in PowerBi. It works well, but I need to pull data from another table, and add it to the output. highlighted below is the table & columns I want to extract data from.

let
Source = Sql.Database("DCSQLPA01", "Operations", [Query="SELECT TOP (100) PERCENT RTRIM(r.Name) AS rName, pr.Type, pr.Sequence, d.ParkRideID, pr.RideName, DATEDIFF(minute, d.TimeDown, d.TimeUp) AS DownTimeMins, d.TimeDown, d.TimeUp, s.Name, RTRIM(d.Reason) AS Reason, #(lf) RTRIM(d.Resolution) AS Resolution, RTRIM(d.Comments) AS Comments, pr.ParkID, p.Name AS Expr1#(lf)FROM dbo.ParkRideDowntimes AS d INNER JOIN#(lf) dbo.ParkRides AS pr ON pr.ID = d.ParkRideID INNER JOIN#(lf) dbo.Parks AS p ON pr.ParkID = p.ID INNER JOIN#(lf) dbo.DowntimeSubtypes AS s ON d.DowntimeSubtypeID = s.ID INNER JOIN#(lf) dbo.Rides AS r ON pr.RideID = r.ID#(lf)WHERE (d.timedown between '2019-05-03' and '2019-05-11') or (d.timedown between '2020-05-03' and '2020-05-11') or (d.timedown between '2021-05-03' and '2021-05-11')"]),
#"Sorted Rows" = Table.Sort(Source,{{"TimeDown", Order.Descending}})
in
#"Sorted Rows"

I want to pull  three columns and have them be in the report.

Date

TimeOpen

TimeClose

DCSQLPA01.Operations.dbo.ParkDailySchedules

I tried just adding it to the query, then tried a join. Neither worked. Hoping one of you folks knows how to write the statement I can add to my query.

4 REPLIES 4
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

What is the relationship between ParkDailySchedules table and other tables already in your query? Is there any field we can use to join the query?

Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know there is a field  called  ParkID that is used in both Tables, would that work? 

gdarakji
Resolver III
Resolver III

I see you already have multiple joins in your query. Why can't you just join on DCSQLPA01.Operations.dbo.ParkDailySchedules and select the 3 columns you need? Try the query with this new join directly on the SQL server for testing purposes. If it works, then you shouldn't face any issue importing it to Power BI

Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried that, maybe I am writing the the statement incorrectly?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors