Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sai_Kumar
Frequent Visitor

Hello everyone, I need an help Regarding Power Query/Dax in Power BI

Hi Guys, 
Morning!

I am working on Sales data and the data has Open Order Sales by Doc_date and Doc_due_date in the MCS_PowerBI_Fact table.

Requirement: I am looking for an Open Order Sales visual by Doc_due date. - Currently, I am getting open order sales by Doc_date

Measures I am using

The following measure was for currency conversion,

OLD_Open_Order_Sales = SWITCH(
'Currency Selection'[SelectCurrency],
"Local Currency",SUMX(MCS_PowerBI_Fact,MCS_PowerBI_Fact[OpenOrderSalesLocal]),
"Australian Dollar",SUMX(MCS_PowerBI_Fact,MCS_PowerBI_Fact[OpenOrderSalesAUD]))

And By the following measure I am trying to get open order sales by DocDueDate - But, still, it was extracting by Doc date -
OpenOrderSales = CALCULATE(SUM([OpenOrderSalesAUD]),USERELATIONSHIP('MCS_POWERBI_FACT'[DocDueDate],'Master Calendar'[Date]))

***I need a measure to get the open order sales by DocDueDate.*** and if possible, to include both OpenOrderSalesAUD and OpenOrderSalesLocal in a measure.

Coming to relationships between two tables(MCS_PowerBI_Fact[DocDate] and Master calendar table[Date])
Sai_Kumar_0-1623635414052.png

And, If I change the relationship to Doc_Date to Doc_Due_Date then the sales figures are effecting(Which was sales figures are getting wrong)

Any help can be appreciated 

6 REPLIES 6
watkinnc
Super User
Super User

Sorry--copy/paste error:

OpenOrderSales = CALCULATE(SUM([OpenOrderSalesAUD]), DISTINCT('MCS_POWERBI_FACT'[DocDueDate]), USERELATIONSHIP('MCS_POWERBI_FACT'[DocDueDate],'Master Calendar'[Date]))

I’m usually answering from my phone, which means the results are visualized only in my mind. You’ll need to use my answer to know that it works—but it will work!!

I tried it - But, the measure output was the same as my last measure as mentioned in the post.OPEN_ORDER_SALES.PNG

If you see the Doc_Date and Doc_Due_Date columns 
The requirement was, we need to extract only Doc_Due_date if Doc_Due_date was in the Current month.

The OLD_Open Order Sales measure was working but giving us all open order Sales - where we need only present and future months open order sales.  

Hi @Sai_Kumar ,

Consider using Crossfilter() to change the cross filter direction or change it manually in the relationship view to check whether it works.

Plesae refer: Bi-directional relationship guidance 

If it still has the same issue, you can consider sharing a simple sample file without any sentive information for further discussion.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

watkinnc
Super User
Super User

Try:

OpenOrderSales = CALCULATE(SUM([OpenOrderSalesAUD]), DISTINCT('MCS_POWERBI_FACT'[DocDueDate]), USERELATIONSHIP('Master Calendar'[Date]))

--Nate

I’m usually answering from my phone, which means the results are visualized only in my mind. You’ll need to use my answer to know that it works—but it will work!!

Hi Watkinnc,

Thanks for considering!

I tried the way as you said 

The error follows-
Too few arguments were passed to the USERELATIONSHIP function. The minimum argument count for the function is 2.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors