Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pbyrne98
Regular Visitor

HTML.Table : Expression.Error: The name 'Html.Table' wasn't recognized.

Hi,

Does HTML.Table requre a certain version of PowerQuery?

Using the forums I've tried the below code in a Custom Column and get the error in bold.

Other examples of code I've tried are further down. Additionally I've added screen shots of what I'm trying to do.

Expression.Error: The name 'Html.Table' wasn't recognized. Make sure it's spelled correctly.

= Html.Table([#"Last Week's Achievements"],{{"Application","tr>:nth-child(1)"},{"Version","tr>:nth-child(2)"}},[RowSelector="tbody>:nth-child(n+2)"])

= Html.Table([#"Last Week's Achievements"],{{"PlainText",":root"}})

Column to convert to PlainTextColumn to convert to PlainTextSolution from YouTubeSolution from YouTubeErrorError

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Vijay_A_Verma
Super User
Super User

Looks like you are using Excel Power Query. Currently, Html.Table is supported only in Power BI Desktop (and PQ Online) but not in Excel PQ. If you use Power BI Desktop, you will be able to make it work.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Bijaelo

The topic is quite stale. 

For many purposes, you can get around the lack of Html.Table by unfolding the html contents using Web.Page. Eg. if you have a list containing html contents, you can use "Web.Page(contents)" to unfold the contents, and then walk down to the elements you want to return. 

jaryszek
Post Patron
Post Patron

Hi Guys,

what is equivalent in Excel to do this?

Vijay_A_Verma
Super User
Super User

Looks like you are using Excel Power Query. Currently, Html.Table is supported only in Power BI Desktop (and PQ Online) but not in Excel PQ. If you use Power BI Desktop, you will be able to make it work.

I have also experienced similar issue. I am just wondering if the Power Query unit available for the Desktop version of Excel(O365) and Power Query available for Desktop version of Power BI are 2 different entities? Then it would be quite difficult to utilize Power Query seamlessly across the products. Is there any way we can verify the version of Power Query unit used for the respective applications like Desktop version of excel (O365) and/or Desktop version of Power BI?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors