Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

AndrewVDaz

HELP with AND Statment Expression.Error: The name 'AND'

Hi all,

I am new to DAX, Power BI, Excel etc...

I am an electrician by trade and I'm attempting to use these tools to assist me in analyzing automation equipment for its suitability from customers' data.

Currently, I am trying to write an AND statement as I would in Excel, except im using Power Query so I can reference to some Parameters which will be dynamic and often change with new systems.

my current formula is returning an error and I have tried many different way and researched but have failed so far, could really appreciate some help.

first I tried using an IF statement however i need simultaneous conditions instead of concurrent ones.

I create a new custom column in power query,

my current formula is; "=AND([Length]>#"Min Length",[Length]<#"Max Length"))"

but this returns an Error "Expression.Error: The name 'AND' wasn't recognized. Make sure it's spelled correctly."

Expression.Error: The name 'AND' wasn't recognized. Make sure it's spelled correctly.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Jimmy801
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello @AndrewVDaz 

the formula has to look like this (we are talkiing here about Power Query and not DAX)

[Length]>#"Min Length" and [Length]<#"Max Length"

If this post helps or solves your problem, please mark it as solution (to help other users find useful content and to acknowledge the work of users that helped you)
Kudoes are nice too

Have fun

Jimmy

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Jimmy801
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello @AndrewVDaz 

the formula has to look like this (we are talkiing here about Power Query and not DAX)

[Length]>#"Min Length" and [Length]<#"Max Length"

If this post helps or solves your problem, please mark it as solution (to help other users find useful content and to acknowledge the work of users that helped you)
Kudoes are nice too

Have fun

Jimmy

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors