Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

CheenuSing
Community Champion
Community Champion

Guidelines for setting on premises gateway in a share point environment

Hi

I need guidance on

1.What are the steps to be followed, considered for installing on premises gateway in a local sharepoint environment ?

2. What steps to be followed in the Mange Gateway in power bi service to automate refresh of datasets?

Cheers

CheenuSing

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution and also give KUDOS !

Proud to be a Datanaut!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @CheenuSing ,

It seems that your data source in power bi is from on-premises sharepoint.

If so, you need to install the on-premises data gateway and then you could set the schedule refresh for this dataset in Power BI Service.

You could install the on-premises data gateway in the server or the device which is always on and the server or the device is in the same domain with the device your sign in Power BI Service.

In Power BI Service, you need to add your data source in data gateway under Manage data gateway like below.

Untitled.png

If you configure the gateway successully, you could go to Settings>>Dataset and find your dataset which need set schedule refresh, then you could select the gateway and set schedule refresh.

set refresh.PNG

If you still need help, feel free to ask.

Here are the docuemnts you could refer to.

Install on-premises data gateway

set schedule refresh

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @CheenuSing ,

I have a little confused about your question?

Do you want to install the on premises gateway in a local sharepoint environment? If it is, I'm afraid this is a question for SharePoint, you'd better post your question in SharePoint forum.

If you mean that you want to install the on premises gateway of Power BI for on-premises sharepoint data source.

Please refer to this document for installation.

In addition, you could have a reference of this guide document about how to manage gateway in power bi service.

If you still need help, please feel free to ask.Smiley Happy

Best  Regards,

Cherry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-piga-msft ,

May be i was not clear in my question.

1.  The client has the files stored in a local sharepoint folder.

2.  The data for the Power BI is stored in this folder.

3. For  refresh of data , what steps should I follow to do auto refresh from this local sharepoint folder.

That is

a) where in the IT infrastructure should I install the On Premises Gateway

b) In the power BI service should the datasource poin to the local sharepoint drive

Cheers

CheenuSing

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution and also give KUDOS !

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Hi @CheenuSing ,

It seems that your data source in power bi is from on-premises sharepoint.

If so, you need to install the on-premises data gateway and then you could set the schedule refresh for this dataset in Power BI Service.

You could install the on-premises data gateway in the server or the device which is always on and the server or the device is in the same domain with the device your sign in Power BI Service.

In Power BI Service, you need to add your data source in data gateway under Manage data gateway like below.

Untitled.png

If you configure the gateway successully, you could go to Settings>>Dataset and find your dataset which need set schedule refresh, then you could select the gateway and set schedule refresh.

set refresh.PNG

If you still need help, feel free to ask.

Here are the docuemnts you could refer to.

Install on-premises data gateway

set schedule refresh

Best Regards,

Cherry

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors